We tied a yellow ribbon around the tree in the back yard. Hopefully its not a mug-me sign. I always wonder why people hang huge deployment banners in their front windows or put keep my soldier safe on their car…cute…but it kind of hangs a bulls eye and screams…”There’s no man around here…easy target.”
When Gwynn gets frustrated she gets this look on her face and gets a deep growly tone in her voice. We now lovingly refer to this as “Hulk Gwynn.” She was sad and so I told her to hug her daddy doll. Hulk Gwynn retorted, “I did, but I want my real daddy.” Connor stated, “See mommy, this face, this is the face I miss…see how it’s all nice. I miss his face.” They toted those dolls every where this morning…especially Connor.
There is always period of adjustment…at least you pray it’s a period of adjustment :0) The kids fought over color crayons, and toys and who got to sit where AND we have the triumphant return of Gwynn’s high pitched screechy-scream!! It’s like she forgot how to speak and use words. Instead she screams. I hope the words come back soon. Since all of the rules have changed, boundaries have to be reestablished in this period of adjustment. At nap time, Connor sobbed for 30 minutes. “Daddy. I want my daddy. Daddy. Daddy.” I sat with him for quite a while holding him and crying with him. I asked him what I could do to help him feel better. He answered, “Well, I really miss playing the Wii with daddy.” I am glad he smelled his own BS as he tried to turn his head into his pillow to hide his smirk. I don’t doubt that he was really grieving and missing his daddy, but he also found an opportunity to push those boundaries! You have to watch out for the sneaky little buggers!! Always looking for an opportunity :0) He did say he wanted pictures of daddy to look at. I had pictures printed out for the kiddos of them and daddy and they each got their own Daddy Book. They were pretty excited.
As you know, we just put sod down, so now my job is to keep it well watered. As I went out to move the sprinkler this afternoon, a snake slithered out of the grass, stared me in the eyes, and then slithered over the side of the retaining wall and into the dirt! I told you there would be excitement!! GROSS! That’s the first snake I have actually seen “in the wild.”
I was pretty proud of myself today. I didn’t take a nap at all! I am starting to
I don’t know but I’ve been told.
This day is coming to an end.
So take a soldier off the wall.
We’re one day closer, yes we are.
Put that soldier on the plane.
Now march those booties off to bed.
One day closer, one day!!
The kiddos went to bed quite easily and we talked for a while. Connor is a sleep walker and it wasn’t too much later that I heard him moving around down stairs. I went down and he was sleep walking over to the Wii and trying to play it! I guess he did tell me earlier that he missed playing it :0)
So my Bible verse of the day was: The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer!! (2 Samuel 22:2)
Daily Silver Linings: (I think it’s important to focus on the positives of the day!)
♥Prayer and support of so many of my dear friends all over the world!
♥Text from a random phone number that said, “This is your husband…”
♥Random email from an IPod from Dustin.
♥Dustin calling me from Maine.
♥My favorite flower, the Lily had its very first bloom this morning!
(Thanks God for saving such a special moment for a time when I
really needed the beauty on a gloomy morning!)
♥Calls from my sister Alicia & my Aunt Carol
♥The company of Sean & Elizabeth!
All in all a pretty good day!
I love the idea of the soldiers getting on the plane as your countdown. It's very creative and I'm sure it will help the kids. A year is such an abstract thought. My love, thoughts and prayers are with you all.
ReplyDeleteI love you Sarah. You are so strong and wonderful and an inspiration. We are apart from Greg right now while he goes through the medical retirement process and its hard, nothing like what you are going through, but any day without your best friend and love is hard.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jessica :0)
ReplyDeleteI agree Christine! Any time apart from each other is hard...whether it be a day or a year. Hang in there!!