Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 7-11

What an emotionally trying day! I got up and said goodbye to my parents. Shortly after that I got to chat with Dustin. He told me he was making a hop to his final destination. Unfortunately, this means that he won’t have internet or phone for who knows how long. This might be the last time we get to actually talk for awhile. There isn’t a place for him to buy anything…so I will be sending him all of his toiletries and such. This is SO different from last time…AND I have to pay for shipping!! Last time it was free because we were in Germany. We said our goodbyes so that I could get ready to go to a party. I went downstairs to my laundry room to get a clean towel. I was greeted by this horrific smell and water flooding my laundry room and seeping into my hallway. The smell was so bad when I opened the door that it made me gag. There was all this black stuff floating in the small pond I had. It was so gross.

Of course, I lost it. I am so tired, sad to see my parents go, sad that I might not get to talk to Dustin again for a while…and now this!! I made an appointment with Roto-Rooter and started to clean up the mess. The mop just wasn’t cutting it so I decided to use my shampooer to suck up the water. I had to empty the bucket 3 times. Such a mess. Thankfully, it was taken care of. Thankfully I have a wonderful neighbor who gave me a hug and sent her husband over to see if I needed help. I am so thankful for wonderful neighbors!!

The past few days have been a blast, but flew by so quickly. The kiddos were actually really good!! I am not sure if they have gotten over that adjustment period or if they were pleasantly distracted by Grandpa and Grandma. Either way, it was great!! We ate a lot of great food, talked a lot, listened to my mom play her piano (heavenly!!) and had another small celebration for Gwynn’s birthday.


Our lawn got it's first hair cut. It looks pretty good!! It did cause a frog to jump into and get stuck in Gwynn's window well. I had a heck of a time with the weed whacker and was thankful I had a man there to help me restart it after it ran out of gas and then I flooded it :0)

I did miss Dustin two times in one day though. I was devastated! We went shopping and Connor told me my phone was ringing. I didn’t hear it so ignored him…it had, and it was Dustin. It was such a garbled message and all I really understood the first time was “flying out soon.” I knew that meant a future with little to no communication. I was so upset that I missed his call. I listened to it about 10 more times and got out that he got a cell phone and I needed to call AT&T before I called him. I did and learned that it will cost me $3.52 a minute just to call him!! Yikes.

Thankfully, the flight took him to a FOB that had internet so we were able to talk one more time. There are pros and cons to having communication though. I love my husband and I love talking to him. It’s hard though because I can’t sit around and wait by the computer all day, hoping that he might get on. However, if I miss him, I feel terrible!! It’s so hard. Sometimes I wonder if it was easier when they didn’t even have the option and all they could do was write letters.

Bible Verse: And the greatest of these is Love. (1 Corinthians 13:13)

Silver Linings
♥family
♥neighbors
♥God's never ending love and mercy

No comments:

Post a Comment