Going on post is nice…but it’s a 20-30 min drive depending on where I want to go…so when I go, I try to get a lot done. I put all the back seats down and loaded the back of the Explorer with cardboard. I didn’t realize we had SO much in our garage!! There is a nice recycling center there. Then onto my meeting…which I really enjoyed. I am on the PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel…it’s a Bible study for Army women) Board…so that will help keep me busy. It’s so nice just to be in the presence of women who radiate Christ. You can’t help but smile and feel all warm and fuzzy. Finally, when it was over I stopped and got Taco John’s! Love the Oles!! I blame the craving on the Mexican music last night!!
I was hoping for some down time during nap time…but…today was crazy hyper day!! Instead, I caught them playing their new favorite game…Bathtub Ball. In this game they sit in the tub with a bouncy ball and pretend it’s a fish. I’m not really sure how it works, but they were having a blast! I sent them back to their rooms and about 5 minutes later Connor told me that Gwynn peed on his bed. YAY! I get to use my shampooer!! It really has been too long since I’ve used it. Another 10 minutes later I got a hug from a slippery Gwynn. Both she and Connor had slathered lotion all over their faces. Gwynn just had a little bit more and got it all over her hair. At this point I decided nap time was a no go.
They just had SO much energy. Connor said, “I don’t know how to do a cart wheel…let’s go practice in the living room.” Gwynn went running after him. I walked out to them jumping off the couch and doing flips off the cushions! Then Connor said, “Let’s go make an arrow!” Again Gwynn followed him blindly! This was my day! I know they are just adjusting and emotions will go crazy…but I still have to punish them. It’s hard to find that balance of understanding what they are going through while keeping the boundaries in place. I did switch from time outs to tickle torture half way through the day though!
Connor learned chopsticks from Elizabeth today so he practiced that while Gwynn spun circles with her “dancing” Barbie. We did piggy back rides and then they watched as I watered the lawn, hoping to get a peak at the snake!! I was quite thankful that we didn’t see it again today :0)
I asked Connor to pick out what he wanted for dinner while I brought the car in the garage. I was out there for a while…I’ll get to that in a minute. I came in because I heard Gwynn screaming. As I walked in the door Connor said, “Mom, how do I start the microwave?” He had 67:89 on the timer for a corn dog!! Bless his heart! Gwynn was upset because she wanted ice cream. She screamed, “Kipper the dog doesn’t make me happy. Ice cream makes me happy!!” Random. I sat with her on the couch for a while and we read her princess book which calmed her down enough to request Snow White…so I gained leverage and told her after dinner…so she ate :0)
Before Dustin leaves, I ask him questions and directions for things that he normally does that I might have issues with. Well, I didn’t have to go long before I needed it!! Tonight I couldn’t get the garage door to close. Taking his advice, I stood in the door of the car to reach the wires that are sporadically taped to the garage door opener. I jiggled them and pushed the button…nothing…repeat…until screaming occurs :0) So I had to disconnect the door from the opener and manually close the door. I still have to figure out the door…but it makes me feel good that I could at least get it closed!
Through clever detective work I discovered both of my kiddos had gotten into the ice cream while I was outside and that’s why Gwynn was upset. Connor put it away, she wanted more. Connor was baffled that I figured it out! It’s not that hard when there is a green spoon on the counter, a pink one in Gwynn’s hand and ice cream all over Gwynn’s face :0) Gwynn must think I need to clean because she gave me plenty of opportunities. Connor’s bed and then the fridge! She spilled olive juice from the top shelf all the way to the floor!! I will admit, the fridge did need a good cleaning! Then of course there was the lotion and ice cream layers we had to scrub off her face :0) In addition, the goldfish box kept appearing in random places and had to be put away several times today.
Bible Verse of the Day: From the fullness of Christ’s grace we have all received one blessing after another John 1:16
Silver Linings:
♥overwheling support of all of my friends and family. You have no idea what it means to me.
♥call from Grandpa Russ
♥Chatting with Dustin until bed time
♥The smell of my Lily drifting in my window
♥all the rain so I didn’t have to water so much
♥Connor singing in the shower
♥PWOC
♥Taco John’s
♥Sean and Elizabeth
No comments:
Post a Comment