Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 4

So last night, I stayed up until almost midnight! Dustin got on and then we lost connection. Like a silly school girl I sat around hoping he’d get back on. I knew that he was in lock down for a flight so it wasn’t likely…but you still hope. Gwynn was up at 5:30 again this morning. I am so tired. I am exhausted. My head is throbbing and I really don’t want to get out of bed. But, I don’t have a choice.

Today was pretty much a conglomeration of the past three days…uncontrollable crying, super silliness and major fights. I had to go to the store today. That is something I dread doing with my kiddos on a normal day…but today I really didn’t want to go. With good reason too!! Gwynn was pulling ribbons and strings off of a piƱata…sorry whoever gets that one…there won’t be much guessing as to which one liberates the candy! Connor had tears streaming down his face at one point. Just chaotic! One of my friends posted today that she wondered if the chaos was going to end (She has a month old baby and a 3 year old daughter and her hubby is deployed as well.) I feel the same way!! Will the chaos ever end?!? I know it will. I am just hoping it’s sooner rather than later. My head seriously feels like it’s going to explode :0)

One of the nice things about the Army is that when they send your hubby away for a year, they try to take care of you. Today we got to go and pick up free tickets for a Sesame Street show! I think it should be really exciting and fun for the kids!!

I am really feeling overwhelmed right now. I said it last time, but I don’t think I really realize, and definitely don’t appreciate all that Dustin did when he was home. Taking over everything is hard. You add on top of that children who are loud and boisterous, who are having a hard time with daddy leaving, a cold, getting Connor ready for his first year of school, sports physicals, school physicals, 3 year old shots…you know it’s just overwhelming! The thing is, there really isn’t anyone who can help you either. It’s just a matter of adjusting yourself and learning to lean on and trust that God will carry you through this one too. Right now I am definitely seeing mostly one set of footprints in the sand.

Bible Verse of the Day: Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. (Jeremiah 17:7)

Silver Linings:
♥Free tickets to Sesame Street
♥The kids are in bed and we survived another day

1 comment:

  1. Ok so the kids are going to love Sesame Street! A year or so ago K99 in Great Falls gave free tickets to people who told about how the show affected their lives and Sheridan kept harrassing Dawn... "Hey mom, did you email 'That Nick Guy' (the dj from the radio) yet?" I laughed SO hard when she kept calling him that... so cute and innocent sounding. Anyway, so she emailed him and told him about how the show introduced diversity into her life since that's not something she saw much of growing up in rural Montana. They won tickets and the kids had a blast as far as I know. Glad the Army does stuff like that for you... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete