Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 5

Wow, today started off really good! The kiddos were up at 5:30, they grabbed poptarts (yes, I know…super healthy!) and watched cartoons and played so nicely together that I was able to “sleep” until about 8! I got up and showered and dressed for church. With some free time I got on the computer and had an essay to proof read for a German friend. I got so involved in it that I didn’t realized I had 25 minutes to get the kiddos dressed, my hair and make done! I managed to do that, but I was so use to Dustin having the car out, driving, having offering…so I had to rush around and get the car out, find my purse and keys so I could drive and ran out the door. Of course we got stuck behind a train…BUT we made it just in time!

When I dropped Gwynn off, she didn’t want Connor to leave. She hugged him and wouldn’t let go of him. She finally fell to the floor like a rag doll and wouldn’t even say good-bye :'0( Connor hugged all over Sean and Elizabeth. I would say they are missing daddy…you think?!? Several women asked me how I was doing and they are going to hang a picture up of Dustin at the church. The first time we did this, every man in our community…well 95% of them were deployed. There wasn’t much special attention because everyone was in the same boat. It’s kind of nice for Dustin to be getting all of this specific prayer lifted up for him and our family.

I LOVED the sermon! Just such a wonderful message about not praying habitually, but praying to deepen your relationship with and to hear from God. Then the choir sang, “People Need the Lord.” Love it!! Such a great service!! Then we came home…

I was really hoping that with the way the morning started we would finally have a great day. Sean and Elizabeth came over to spend the day with us and I had high hopes that would help too. However…it turned into a “eat a pint of Ben and Jerry’s out of the carton,” “squirt whip cream from the can straight into my mouth,” “OH, Dustin left beer in the fridge!!”…kind of day.

My kiddos didn’t take a nap again today. Gwynn is so tired she can’t even think straight. She had a colossal melt down over a game. I couldn’t calm her down and so she sat in my room throwing a massive fit. She flipped over the basket of folded closes and just sobbed. I was finally able to calm her down enough that she would sit with me on the couch. While I was with Gwynn, Elizabeth taught Connor some songs on the piano! I am so impressed with how quickly he has been picking it up!

My German friend, who is also my neighbor came over with another essay, chips and guacamole! We chatted and ate. Her hubby will be leaving soon too…so we plan on spending some nights sitting on our property lines with wine!

Bible Verse of the day: Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me. (Psalm 54:4)

Silver Linings:
♥I got a picture in my locket
♥Great church service
♥Company of great people
♥Connor's sweet little fingers playing Twinkle Twinkle
♥Snuggles with Gwynn

No comments:

Post a Comment