Before 8 this morning we had World Wars 3 and 4! It probably had something to do with the fact that my two dictators were up before 6. I tried to convince them to come back to bed with me after breakfast but it went something like this. Wiggle…wiggle…wiggle…”Mom…blah, blah, blah.” Wiggle…wiggle…”blah, blah, blah”… I didn’t sleep well last night. I kept waking up thinking it was time to get up. I did have a stroke of genius at 2:35 though on how to fix my toilet that had been giving us problems for about a month!
There were causalities in WW5 and an army man “fell” off the wall. As I was gluing him back onto day 19, I couldn’t help but think of Toy Story. I could just imagine all those guys being frustrated that they were stuck to that wall and fighting to get free…one was successful :0)
Thankfully there was a small recovery period where the kiddos took time to play the drums and sing songs together. We had a surprise video conference that I thought would really help end the wars. While it did win that battle, it didn’t end the war!!I decided to take a break from trying to be Switzerland and go out and work in the yard. I managed to avoid WW 6 and 7…but I could still hear them. I had a few battles of my own to tackle outside. Our new hose managed to split open and form 2 tiny holes. I triaged them with duct tape! Then I had problems motivating the sprinkler to get moving! I have been using it a lot…but come on, soldier up and get the job done!!
I thought after nap time we had finally signed a peace treaty. We all got into watching Cake Boss…we’re addicted to that show now! The kiddos were even making cakes out of their legos. We were all having a great time! We enjoyed a quick PBJ MRE break for dinner. Then back to Cake Boss and a few smaller wars…not sure all the countries were involved in this one…they were losing their steam!
I lost track of what WW we made it too…but the battle for bed was easily won by Switzerland! I waved my little white flag and had some Ben and Jerry’s Cheesecake Brownie :0)
Verse of the Day: Love is patient, Love is kind…it is not easily angered. (1 Corinthians 13:4-5)
Silver Linings:
♥my locket came
♥talked to neighbors
♥Ben and Jerry’s
♥talked to Dustin
Oh my I feel your pain girl. 2 kids is rougher than I ever would have imagiend. I admire you for keepin it together though. The first month for me was very hard. Ben and Jerry's can cure just about anything ;)
ReplyDelete