:0) I start with a smile because I was woken up by Dustin on the computer. He made it to one of two final destinations. The place he is now actually has barracks with 2 man room, internet and phones! We’re pretty excited about that! The other one, is an abandoned school house with a wall around it so…that one has no amenities. Dustin isn’t sure where he will be spending the majority of his time yet. He was one of the first to go from his unit. The rest of them should be coming soon and then they will get it figured out. Until then, we are enjoying a morning and evening chat! With the Army I have learned to always expect the worst. That way you’re not disappointed when it happens, but you are completely overjoyed when it doesn’t!
Other than Gwynn being covered head to toe in toothpaste right before church and ½ a gallon of tea on my kitchen floor we had a pretty calm day. I am trying to find a good way to keep Dustin up on our shows. When we were in Germany and I didn’t have TV, I learned how to watch them online. There were sites where you could download and watch the shows. I can’t find them anywhere now. I wonder if it is because most networks play the shows on their sites. I had planned on burning him a disc weekly of our shows for the week so he doesn’t get behind. I am not sure what I am going to do now…might have to film it with my camcorder :0) Any ideas??
Today in church our pastor was talking about what is important. Our relationships. Had it been last week, I would have had a few tears fall silently down my cheek. However, today, I smiled. I am grateful for my husband, children and everyone that I have in my life. I was reflecting on the last deployment. I was a mess for so much longer. I was stressed and constantly worrying about the "what ifs." Then again, my faith wasn't nearly as strong in the beginning last time. About 1/3 of the way into the last deployment is when I really started to stand on my rock. Today, my heart is at peace.
Bible Verse: May the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in all ways. (2 Thessalonians 3:16)`
Silver Linings
♥talked with Dustin
♥Eliza's company
♥talked to my bro Chris
♥talked to my mom
Hey Sarah, Just found your blog. i got all caught up and added you to our ongoing prayer list. I look forward to reading your updates and watching how you grow in your relationship with the Father through all of this. Lots of love from MI,
ReplyDeleteMarcie
Hulu for your shows?
ReplyDeleteSo I'm a bit behind on my reading since I haven't had internet. Here are some websites that might work:
ReplyDeletewww.hulu.com
www.tvduck.com
www.fancast.com
I'll send a message to my friend. Her hubby is a Marine and has been deployed to Iraq twice and Afghanistan once. I'm sure she will have some ideas.
Thanks ladies, I'll have to check them out :0)
ReplyDelete