Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Days 322-330

This past week has been rough. I was so sick I threw up and then had to turn around and take my kiddos to the dentist and then to t-ball practice. I did finish up my antibiotics though and with that, seemed to be a marked improvement on my nausea…which is great…NO one likes to barf. On Wednesday night, after I came home from t-ball practice, I learned that my friend’s husband had been in a terrible motorcycle accident. He was in extremely critical condition. I began to pray and then learned moments later that he has passed away. I don’t really know why this hit me so hard. I had actually never him. His wife, Sandi however is very dear to me. She’s been my teacher here at PWOC for a few semesters and I’ve just really looked up to her as what a Christian woman should be. She spoke endlessly of her husband and family. You could just tell he was an amazing man. I wept and prayed all night. Not because he was gone, but because I can only imagine the pain that my friend was going through. With Dustin deployed, it’s always in the back of my mind that he might not come home. For this to come out of the blue, he was on his way home for an early dinner… So tragic.

With the house to ourselves now, we had to do our adjusting to our “normal” lives. The kids were staying up late, waking up normally and CRABBY! :0) My sister and I got to talk for a while which was nice. With everything going on lately, we really haven’t had a chance to just talk. Gwynn had her first game and we prepared dinner to take to my friend and her family. She asked me if I would set up a table with pictures and some of her husband’s stuff. I gladly accepted. I was happy to be able to help her. That was really hard though. Holding his things. Cleaning off dust from the pictures and plaques that are dear to their family. It was all I could to do choke back tears the next day as I set up the table. I will say, I never expected a funeral to be as difficult as it was. It was a beautiful service though.

That night, I took my kiddos to the circus. I am not sure if it was because of my state of mind, or if it really did just suck…but I was disappointed in the circus!! SOoooo many clowns so few other cool things. My kiddos had fun though. It’s really odd, Gwynn won’t leave my side lately. I had to have my hand on her the whole time we were there. If I leave a room and she doesn’t know where I am, she freaks out. Poor girl.

I got to go have my second ultrasound. The tech is so funny. On the way back to the room she said, “You know Sarah, there is no toaster here.” It took me a minute, but I finally got she was saying there was no prize to win, I could stop coming back. My dr. apt the next morning revealed that everything looks normal but my cervix is still swollen. The antibiotics didn't clear it up, there is nothing to fight off, I am still in pain and the ultrasounds aren't showing anything wrong... so now I have a contrast MRI scheduled and then a referral to OBGYN. Hopefully someone can fix me before my hubby comes home…it won’t be a very good welcome home if we can’t do anything!! :0)

I was having a really hard time yesterday. There was a commo black out and I couldn’t talk to Dustin. With the sudden passing of my friends husband, news of a soldier losing both of his legs on his last mission before he came home, I’ve been on edge. We’re so close, but so far and anything can happen. None of us are promised tomorrow. Knowing what a commo black out means, it made it even more difficult. I kind of shut down yesterday and spent the morning and afternoon sleeping.

This morning I was making breakfast, turned wrong and twisted my knee. My poor knee. I really need to go get injections again, but with all of my other appointments lately, I am going to put it off as long as possible. Between my kiddos and my appointments, I might as well live up there at the hospital!

It was so nice to get to talk to my hubby today (even if I had to get up before 6 am to do it.) I can’t wait to have him home and in my arms, well or not. At this point, it just doesn’t matter. I want him home! The good news is we’re under a month now!

No comments:

Post a Comment