I forgot to mention in my last uber-long blog about the "Rule of Chaos." As soon as your husband leaves, you are doomed to a plethora of unforeseen chaos. The day Dustin headed back, my car started making crazy loud banging sounds, the next day I got a horrible virus on my computer that just shut it down and took my brother 3 hours to get it off (and that's what he does for a living!) and then my water heater and furnace went out! So, the "Rule of Chaos!" Last Saturday, I got my kiddos in the car for Connor's last soccer game and it wouldn't start. My brother jumped me and off we went. Yesterday I decided to take my kiddos out to lunch and my car wouldn't start again! Well this time we were actually home alone. So, I went down to get the truck. After helping Gwynn into the back little seat, which she was SO excited to ride in, and getting Connor in, the truck wouldn't start! Thankfully, my parents had left their car here for the summer, so we took that. Now my parents drive a Lincoln...other than their cat, it's pretty much their baby! Well, I spilled pop on the floor of that!! Chaos!!
I parked their car, threw the trickle charger on my car and claimed my stay-at-home-day! I do have to say, it's pretty nice having my brother here, who can help me out! He jumped the truck, fixed my leaky shower, and put insulated boards in my skylights so that the hot air knows it's not welcome to come in there! :0) We've enjoyed playing in the sprinkler the last few nights...that is until it got too slippery and Gwynn did the splits!
I got a call from my Dr's nurse today. She said all of my test results came back normal. Which is GREAT news...BUT she is concerned because now we don't know what is causing my pain, nausea, and inflammation. I have another ultrasound and a follow up scheduled...so now we just wait and pray the Chaos will soon come to an end.
Verse of the Day: "Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.” Nehemiah 8:10
No comments:
Post a Comment