Friday, January 21, 2011

Days 171-185

Well, we’re here…1/2 way!! In some ways, I can’t believe we are already here!! This has been taking forever, but we have been keeping SO busy, that it has also flown by. Wednesday was ½ way for weeks and days (I literally watched the clock turn to noon as it marked 182 1/2 days...the official 1/2 way mark!!!), but today, is the 6 month mark…so however you look at it, we’re on the downhill slide!

I’ve had a lot of really big “light bulb” moments (as Gru would say) lately. There have been a lot of things frustrating me. People being ugly. Now, when I say people, I don’t mean anyone that I know, just in general. It really frustrates me when partial stories are told and everyone jumps all over it and makes mountains out of mole hills. It bothers me when people say that soldiers should die and that they are mindless and cannot think for themselves. It frustrates me when people have nothing good to say about Christians…and why should they? Many people I see that call themselves Christians act very little like Christ. These things have really been weighing on me. However, God has allowed me to see that instead of frustration, I need to feel sorry for them and pray for them. They don’t know the peace that I do. They don’t have a fabulous relationship with Christ. In itself, coming to this realization has really brought peace to my heart.

Also, I realized that while my life is a love song to my husband, is it a love song to God? I really realized that everything I do needs to be for him and his glory, not for me. I also realized that while we are sitting here asking God where he was during our bad times, that he is asking us where we were during the good times.

I have a busy February in front of me. I am not going to lie, I am freaking out a little bit about how I am going to get it all done. The biggest concern for me is that I have an all day (8am-10pm) Bell Festival coming up and no one to watch my kiddos. I know God will take care of that, but it’s stressing me out. I know I need to trust him like I did with my ring…oh yes, I have yet to tell that story! For Christmas, my wonderful husband got me Swiss Blue Topaz earings, necklace and ring! Beautiful!! However, the ring was too small. I sent it back to get a bigger size and two weeks later, the package was nowhere to be found! I was devastated!! However, after I turned it over to God and told him I knew it was silly to be this upset over a material object, but I really wanted it back…it was in the mail box the next day :0) God is good, huh?? Anyway, I know he has my back…but sometimes it’s hard to let those worries go.

Tonight the kiddos and I had a celebration, as Connor called it. We pulled party poppers, had pizza, watched a movie and had cake of course because every party needs cake! What a great feeling to be sliding down now instead of climbing up!

Verses of the day:

Hebrews 13:5 “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him and he will make your paths straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment