Thursday, January 6, 2011

Days 105-170

I noticed a while back that I hadn’t blogged in a REALLY long time…pathetically long time! I looked back over my calendar to see what happened and realized the answer was “The Season.” The season of sick and Holidaze!!!

On the night of day 105 (beginning of Nov), Connor came into my room SICK! He could barely breathe and was coughing, or should I say barking! Thankfully this had happened once before and so I knew to take him in the steamed up bathroom. That did get his cough under control. I envisioned taking him to the doctor the next day, however he woke up much better!! Sadly, that night he got much worse. Saying I got no sleep isn’t quite right, because my body did shut down a few times. I was afraid to fall asleep because Connor would stop breathing, and then gasp for air. It was the scariest thing in the world. Now, being a “single” mom you have to weigh your options. Do I, get the kids up, dressed and go to the ER or do I lay here trying to stay awake and keep an eye on my child so that they at least get sleep? Well, I am sure you can figure out what I did. After a trip to the doc the next day, Croup and he suggested that I have a sleep study done on him to see why he stopped breathing. However, since neither the doc or I could see in Connor’s throat because he tonsils were so enlarged, the reason was pretty clear.

That was just the beginning of a very hectic few months! Gwynn also contracted Croup. However, I couldn’t get her breathing under control with the steamed up room or anything else. Because she laid there crying, her chest sinking with every breath and her cough getting worse, I ended up taking her to the ER. In addition to her Croup, she had strep! YAY :0)

We had play practice, bell practice, this party, that party, this performance, that performance, school work, home work, sewing projects, dentist with 3 perfect checkups…we even got our family picture done!

Connor got an entire week off for Thanksgiving! It was great because Aunt Suzie, Tyler, Grandpa and Grandma Elser (the crazy ones :0)and even a surprise guest, one of Suzie’s high school friends, came and spent Turkey Day with us! Gwynn got a play house as an early Christmas gift. That was fun to put together and watch her “open” even though there were “No mommies allowed!” Grandpa helped me hang the Christmas lights on the outside of my house and we put up our Christmas trees. This year, because I knew I wasn’t going to really enjoy the holidays, I decided to do something just for myself. I got a white tree and decorated it with PINK and silver balls :0) We even got to celebrate Dustin’s 30th birthday with cake!

The day they left, I went to start my car and NOTHING! I put the trickle charger on and let it run all night. When I went to check on it in the morning, of course it wasn’t fully charged yet. It wasn’t a big deal, I would just take Dustin’s truck to church and then figure it out after that! There was one flaw in that play, a parking break that wouldn’t release!! Thankfully, Dustin got on and told me how to manually release the parking break on his truck. I even took him down there on the laptop and had him walk me through it. Unfortunately, it didn’t work! I did get the car to start so I threw the cables in my car and decided if anything, someone at church could jump me so I could get home :0) I went down one more time to try the parking break, this time bringing gloves with me, and I GOT IT! I had a little victory dance, pulled it around front and then proceeded to take the battery out of my car so I could get it tested after church (and of course, it was FINE!) Anyway, so in a day, I learned to change my own battery and manually release a parking break! Big day for me :0)

Then of course, the one day I am 45 minutes away from him, Connor decides to get sick at school and start throwing up! Thankfully Uncle Sean had the day off and he and Aunt Elizabeth could go pick him up for me. Of course, 2 days later, the kiddos had a bell performance and Connor had a birthday party to go to and the next day was the Christmas play at church. He was feeling better, but Gwynn just had no energy. As I was picking Connor up from the party, she threw up in the car! Both of them kind of got a cold right away and it got worse and worse, and I got it and we are all now just really getting over it.

The Crazy Grandparents and Great-Grandma came for a few days before Christmas. We had a lot of fun with them again, tried some new recipes, opened a few gifts, saw the Lunar Eclipse (well I did :0), and they went to the Zoo and saw Santa! The kiddos colds came with a little bit of conjunctivitis. Connor’s lasted about 2 days, but Gwynn’s just wouldn’t clear up! I decided with Christmas quickly approaching and a new baby coming to our house I needed to take her to the doctor. We were leaving for the hospital at the same time the “Crazies” were leaving and my car wouldn’t start AGAIN! I have decided that they either can never come again, or they can never leave once they are here :0) We pushed the car out, jumped it and we were good to go again. Gwynn was diagnosed (after 45 min of waiting for the dr.) with an eye infection which did clear up with medication.

We went to the Christmas Eve service and Elizabeth and I played bells. One of our players had surgery and couldn’t make it, so I picked up her bells and did the best I could do sight reading and playing foreign hand (2 bells in one hand) It was fun!! Connor fell asleep during the service and Gwynn wouldn’t stop moving around so that she didn’t!

My mom and step-dad, my brother Abraham, his wife Megan and their baby Alex came and spent a week with us at Christmas! It was great, I got a lot of baby snuggle time in :0) We didn’t have a white Christmas, but we did get some snow at the end of the week. We found out some very exciting news about someone in my family, but I can’t share it because they don’t want me too yet…**pout** Oh yeah and I failed to mention that they day MY parents left, my car died too!! So, I took it in and everything is fine…they said I must have a leech somewhere…who knows!

It continues to amaze me how quickly my kiddos grow and change. Connor is now doing 2 digit addition in his head and asking questions about things he is way too young to even know about (divorce, adoption, boys and girls marring each other…) the joys of school, huh?!? Gwynn is starting to write her name and recognizes the letters of the Alphabet. I love to watch her play…she is so imaginative and has such a forgiving heart!

So, now it’s the New Year! 2011. My house is still in desperate need of recovery from the Holidaze. I am slowly working on it though. I have a few unfinished Christmas projects, I didn’t even get out all of my Christmas cards…lol…maybe they will be Valentine projects :0) This is the year Dustin comes home! YAY!!! We are almost half way there! New year, with new beginnings. I never make New Year resolutions because I think that every day we should try to learn new things resolve to be better. I have been waiting for life to slow down, after D left, school started and all of the changes that happened, but I am starting to realize that life just doesn’t slow down…it just changes! I am ready to jump with both feet into whatever this year brings!

Silver Linings
♥Our families who are willing to travel to be with us!
♥The year of the return :0)

Verses of the Day:

Phillipians 3:13-14… forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Ezekiel 36:26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you

2Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

No comments:

Post a Comment