I wrote this quite a while ago and apparently forgot to post it so here goes...current one forthcoming...
My life is hard. Some days, my life feels downright impossible. Some days all I have to cling to is my faith. Sometimes my heart hurts so badly that it literally aches. Sometimes I cry because I feel so overwhelmed that I just don’t know what to do. If I can just get through today…tomorrow will be better. Today I was humbled because I bet that describes your life too…am I right?
Too often I feel entitled to people’s sympathy, as if my struggles are more important. I was really convicted of this today though. All around me people are hurting in ways where I am richly blessed. Sure my husband might be gone for a year, but I have an amazingly strong marriage. Our relationship has been pretty easy. I am married to a wonderful man who loves me and I love him. I know a lot of people who haven’t been blessed with that. Sure my kiddos are difficult to handle sometimes, but I have been blessed with 2 amazing children. I know many people who would love to be parents and haven’t been given that blessing. There are many people who are sick, hungry, swamped with debt, homeless, impoverished…I don’t have those burdens to carry right now. Even though I get really frustrated with the health care that I receive sometimes, I know many who are under-insured or not insured at all.
I am richly blessed. I need to not take that for granted. I need to get back into the habit of remembering that and being grateful for what I do have…not focusing on my struggles. Everyone has a hard life…just in different ways.
The past few weeks I haven’t heard much from Dustin. It’s really hard. I can literally feel the stress build up in my head as every day passes where we don’t get to talk, my head hurts a little bit more… Today, I am walking on sunshine! I woke up to my computer ringing and the kiddos and I got to have a pretty good talk with daddy on the webcam! I haven’t seen smiles on our faces that big in a long time. It felt great! As I walked home from the bus stop, I saw one of my favorite things in the whole world. Dark clouds covered the sky and in the middle, the sun was shining through. There were huge beams of light breaking the darkness. It always reminds me of God’s goodness.
Verse of the day: 2Corinthians 9:15
Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!
Silver Linings
♥ The son always shines through my clouds
No comments:
Post a Comment