Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Days 13-14

I cant' believe it's already been 2 weeks!! These past few days have been pretty calm…for my kiddos at least :0) They have been playing with each other well. My basement is a HUGE mess…but at least they have been good for me :0) We got a package sent off to Dustin. I was pretty pleased with the 14.5 lbs I got into the Flat Rate box!! I got off the first 12 letters to him too. It feels good to get those out there to him! I also sent him a Hooahmail letter. It’s a new thing for Afg. where I can type a letter to him, they print it off over there and deliver it. It is supposed to be faster…we’ll see!!

Today was a really good day. We actually got to talk over webcam with Dustin. The kiddos were so excited. I haven’t seen them with smiles that big in a while. It was so good to hear his voice and see his face…as close as having him home as we can get for now :0)

Over the past few days I have been contemplating my prayer time. Often I think that I get selfish when I pray. I pray for healing in a friend’s hurting heart. I pray for the gift of a child. I pray for a sibling to find a job. I pray for my kiddos to listen. Instead, I feel I should be praying for God’s will to be done. Not to say that he doesn't give us what we ask, but I feel that my selfish heart doesn’t always want what God wants. I have started praying for God’s will to be done, and for those I am praying for to have Grace and Strength to face what God gives them…and gratitude if he answers our prayers. I think it’s so easy to forget to thank God for the prayers that he does answer.

My amazing sister came over and watched my kiddos again so I could go to my Bible study this morning. We had a guest speaker today, Cynthia Heald. She’s written a study on “Becoming a Woman of Simplicity.” I thoroughly enjoyed her devotional. She said something about how she couldn’t wait for her 3 children (born in 3 years) to be able to cut their own food…and then they started cutting their food 2,000 miles from her. She pointed out that we need to treasure the precious present instead of thinking it will get better when… So that is what I am going to do. I am going to treasure every precious moment of the present…well as best I can. Let’s face it, there are some times when we just can’t appreciate what we’re going through, or can we?

I am going to challenge myself to try and appreciate the precious present. I am going to try and appreciate it when I have to clean my messy house…because I have one to clean. I am going to try and appreciate the garage door I can’t get to work correctly…because I have a car that goes in it. I am going to appreciate my hearty figure…because I have food to eat. I am going to try and appreciate my kiddos even when they are fighting and throwing fits…because as that poem said, they are healthy! I am going to try and appreciate the fact that I miss Dustin…because I have him in my life to miss. I am going to appreciate my struggles…because Christ is using them to grow and strengthen me.

Bible Verse: The Lord richly blesses all who call on him. (Romans 10:12)

Silver Linings:
♥I don’t even feel like I need to find one!

2 comments: