How on earth do I let 6 days get away from me?!? Oh wait, I can tell you…they have been CRAZY!!!!!
Gwynn is getting into her very imaginative stage. She is great at playing and making things up. One night she said she saw a ghost…she had both herself and Connor too scared to sleep! Then she told me she hear a voice in her room that said, “What big eyes you have Gwynnie!” So, she slept in my room because she was up at 9:45…”not tired!” It only took her 2 minutes to fall asleep in my bed. She also woke up in a bean bag in Connor’s room one morning. She claims it’s quite comfortable! She also came up from her nap one day and told me that her frog’s eye jumped into her eye and it hurt. I figured she had played with it and snapped it into her eye. I went to put some eye drops in her eye and realized that the frog’s eye was IN her eye!!! It took Uncle Sean and Aunt Elizabeth holding her down for me to get it out with a q-tip! She started soccer!! She is SO cute out there! She played her little heart out. It really makes me sad that Dustin has to miss this. We had church in the park. I was nervous because 1…it was in a park and 2…she usually goes to nursery…but she did better than Connor did! I was so proud of her. She even stood up and “sang” with us! She had a rough week…she really missed Connor while he was at school.
Connor had a BIG week! He put in 40 hours at school!! That’s enough to make anyone tired!! On Wednesday, he asked our neighbor girl to marry him!! She said no because they were too young, but when they got older, she would change her mind :0) Then they were pretending to be married and KISSED!!! The story is that they kissed on the cheek…I hope that’s true! Anyway, Connor’s first kiss :0) He had a rough day on Friday. I guess he had to go to the “refocus” chair 6 times! I did however find out that shortly before those treacherous trips to that magical chair (obviously not too magical!) their teacher gave them cupcakes and ice cream…so not totally his fault :0) Connor is getting an early birthday present. He literally played his Leapster to death. Dustin and I talked about it a lot and decided to get him a Didj. We’ll see how that goes. To me, there just wasn’t a perfect solution.
I had my well woman appointment. I sure wish I had enjoyed it more since that was the only action I will be seeing for the next 11 months! That reminds me, we hit the 1 month mark!! YAY!!! I am still waiting for life to settle down! It is hard for me to believe it’s already been a month. It has flown by and at the same time it feels like it has been forever!! I was finally able to pick up our ball pictures. Just looking at his face brought tears to my eyes. I miss Dustin so much. We knew about the possibility of this deployment for a lot longer than we told people…and with good reason. Things are always changing. You never really know what is going to happen and when until you get the official news. It has been hard though. You sit there with this ball of knowledge tucked safely in the very back of your mind…but it’s there…like a knot in your head. I think it made me shut down, numb out. It’s been hard for me to get really excited or overly sad and I think it’s because I have, in a way, shut down. It is slowly hitting me though how much I miss Dustin. Maybe I just prepared so much for this one that it didn’t really hit until I looked at his smiling face in that picture. I don’t really miss the intimacy…yet…but I just miss being with him. I miss being able to tell him whatever I want whenever I want. I miss watching TV with him at night, sitting next to him in church, and laughing about our kiddos together. I miss his arms around me in bed. I miss getting a good bye and a hello kiss every day. And I really miss him when I have to deal with things like…
How to catch a mouse!
This is one thing that is driving me NUTS! However, I shouldn’t complain because Dustin said that they are catching 5-10 a day there and the mice there will run at you and attack you!! When the Terminix man came he told me that he found droppings in my furnace room. He set up traps in there and in the garage. He put sticky traps in and told me if I heard screeching…I got him. I didn’t think I could handle that so I went on line to see how long it took them to die. I read such horrible things about the sticky traps. I felt guilty for even attempting to kill them that way. I ran to the store to get the fast kill ones. Wally was out of them, so I got the enclosed ones that are supposed to take them in and close on them. I set them up and waited. The next morning, with my heart pounding in my chest, I crept out to see if I caught him. Nope! I didn’t do anything for another day, until I found droppings under my kitchen sink and peanut butter on the entrance to the enclosing trap!!
I ran and got some snap traps from Lowe’s. I put peanut butter on them and waited. The next morning I summoned up all the courage I had again to go and see if I caught anything. Sure enough I hadn’t, but ALL the peanut butter had been eaten of the traps and they were still set! Okay, this is personal and this is WAR!
I set up 6 traps with the smallest dabs of peanut butter on them as close to the spring as I could. I can hear where the mouse is, so I set the traps right next to his hole. Once again, I sucked it up and went to check…NO WAY! All of the traps had again been licked clean and nothing had been set off! I decided to move them around and set off 2 on my own fingers! This mouse is really getting on my nerves! So, I reached the point where I don’t care about being nice any more. I put the sticky trap in a position so that the mouse has no choice but to walk through it to get out. There was a small gap at the top so I put a spring trap on top of it. Then I put others all around that. I took a Cheerio and put a dap of peanut butter on it and put it inside the sticky trap. You won’t believe this…the Cheerio had been tipped up, the peanut butter licked clean and NO MOUSE! AHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh! I asked my father-in-law for some advice and I am going to try a few of his suggestions tonight…I will catch this mouse!
Bible Verse:
… let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Hebrews 12:1)
Silver Linings:
♥Connor made it through his first week of school
♥I made it through Connor’s first week of school
♥One month down!
Oh Sarah. Thank you for the laugh. What a great write you are! I hope you catch your mouse...very quickly. Maybe you need a cat? (Not that I would ever invite one into my house!) AND I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your well woman check! You are so funny. We pray for you every day. Andrew has decided that he and Connor must play together someday. (I'm sure Connor will love to play with a 3 year old!)
ReplyDeleteI would love to borrow a cat...but Connor is severely allergic to them :0( I think Connor would LOVE to play with Andrew! I am really sad we didn't have more time in MT...it would have been great to see you again and meet your family!! Some day! Thank you for your continued prayers :0)
ReplyDelete