We’ve gotten into a pretty good routine the past few weeks. This hotel is starting to feel like “home.” What has been amazing to me is that after adjusting to it, I realized how little we can actually live with. Would it be nice if we had a bigger fridge and a freezer so we didn’t have to go to the store every day and eat everything we make or throw it away? Yes, but it’s not necessary. Would it be nice to have more space so that we’re not constantly on top of each other? Yes, but we’re learning to live with it. Would it be nice to not have someone knock on my door every day to clean my room? Yes, but at least I am not spending more money on washing towels! So yes, it is still challenging, but doable! It didn’t come without a breaking point though.
All of our stuff has arrived! It feels so great to know that all of our stuff is here, but it’s so frustrating that it’s sitting in storage until our house opens up. It’s frustrating that we have a house in CO that hasn’t sold and we’re about to start paying rent and mortgage. It’s frustrating to watch people move out of the hotel that we KNOW moved in after us. I did have the chance to go to my friend’s house and see what ours will look like…and I got excited. I started planning where to put everything and the things I want to get so we have a “grown up” house now. The one thing that I really want is a rug. All the floors downstairs are hard wood. I have never been able to find a rug that I really liked and that Dustin liked as well. Well, after hours of searching on painfully slow internet (thankfully free though), I finally found one we both agreed on…only to find out they won’t ship to me!! Grrr. The internet is another huge challenge. Connor has a lot of homework he actually has to do online, and the pages won’t load here…unless we get on at 6 in the morning! I am not exaggerating either…but we’re up that early anyway, so we might as well be productive!
One thing that a parent doesn’t want to admit, because of pride, is that her child still wets the bed. Well, mine does, and it’s hard. It’s hard to have both of your children in one bed not knowing if it’s going to happen tonight or not. It’s expensive washing bedding every time it happens. It’s heart wrenching to watch your child cry because they feel so bad and helpless every time it happens. Well it’s really picked up since we moved here, so we decided to see a doctor. I have to say I was AMAZED at the service here. Our appointment was at 11:40, we were seen at 11:20 and by 1:20 we had blood work, urine test, xray and results back to us!!! What we found out is that we have a very healthy 7 year old boy, except for the fact that he was a little constipated…which could cause the increase because of pressing on the bladder in his sleep. So, he was put on a laxative. Boy is he a pooping machine! When I talked to him about the medicine, he complained saying, “But mom, I don’t like to poop!!” So I told him it was healthy and necessary to go every day. Then he admitted that he holds it in because it takes too long and it stinks! Oh my, did we have a good laugh about that. So, anyway, the doc told us there is nothing wrong with him (thank goodness because he was looking at diabetes and kidney failure!) we just need to wait it out until his body is ready.
I’ll tell you another thing that is out of this world challenging in a hotel room…PMS! Oh my!!! There is NO WHERE to go to let off steam! Man, those were a rough few days!
It’s winter here too, so instead of cold and snow, it rains a lot…so much for the park outings or walks…but we’ve discovered the Library for new books, movies and even Wii games! We finally set it up today. We survived the hotel for 5 weeks without setting it up, but on this long rainy weekend, we decided to bust it out :0)
One day, I did yoga in the morning and then unexpectedly had to walk to get Connor from school. I couldn’t find my knee brace but had to go. We had to stop at the Commissary to get dinner on the way home. The kiddos were in no mood to be there and were insanely wild. We walked back, got all the way up to our room only for me to realize I had locked myself out of our room. Our maid was right outside our room but because of policy, couldn’t let me in. So, I had to walk back down the stairs (which are really hard on a bad knee!) to the office, stand in line for about 10 minutes, again with crazy kids, only to be told to go back to our room and someone would meet us there to let us in. So we walked back, up the stairs and waited by the door. Tired, sore, and frustrated, I barely made it in the room and to the bathroom before I lost it. This was my breaking point. I cried like a baby, told God how hard this was and then gathered myself back together. Ever since, I’ve been good to go. I think sometimes we as women feel that we have to be strong and do it all to hold everyone else together. Sometimes, we have to allow ourselves to fall apart and cry so that we can pull ourselves together again…and that’s just what I did.
Since then, Dustin got me a car :0) With my knee, Dustin having to go to random places on post that are too far for him to walk, and getting wet suits, sand, and red mud all over our brand new car…it was evident that a second car was on the horizon. We had been looking but hadn’t found anything we were too excited about. On the way home from the beach, we stopped at the “lemon lot” and found a 2002 Accent with 130K miles on it, but in great condition! Perfect!! All we wanted was something to take us from home to school and back and to the beach! So, now we have that car! It’s been nice to have that freedom and to know that when my knees are sucking, I don’t have to walk! It’s been really humid and my arthritis has really flared up, adding yet another challenge to getting around on my feet. So, I am very grateful for this car.
When we got the orders to come here, I was pretty upset. I wasn’t ready to go yet. However, I knew that it was God’s plan for us. I knew he had to have something in the works for us. In the short 5 weeks we’ve been here, I can already feel the blessings that we are going to have here. I am so excited for the next 3 years!
No comments:
Post a Comment