Saturday, July 9, 2011

Days 349-354

Well, this is it…the last night I will blog before Dustin comes home!! He is in the air, on his way home!!!!!!! Only 10 soldiers got to come down early, but at this point, I don’t really care :0) I just want him home.

I find myself in an odd place. Maybe it’s because I still have so much that I wanted to get accomplished before tomorrow. Maybe it’s because I know how much we have to do in the next few months. Maybe it’s because it’s hot, humid and we’re all cranky. But, I find that I am missing butterflies! They flutter in and then flutter out. I remember at this time last deployment I could barely stay in my skin. Perhaps that’s because I had lost a ton of weight and looked great. I had energy. I wasn’t exhausted. This time, I find myself in the exact opposite position. Maybe this year has been such a whirl-wind that Dustin coming home just doesn’t feel real. How does a year fly by and yet drag on?

I saw his name on the manifest today…he is coming home and I got my butterflies. I read an email from our FRG leader saying we only had hours left…I felt so relieved that I cried. So many emotions going through this tired body of mine, I just can’t seem to get overly excited. I am sure once I wake up in the morning it will be all I can do to keep the excitement down. I KNOW once those brave men march into the gym, standing at parade rest, anxiously waiting to be dismissed; I will start crying. Tomorrow will be an amazing day and even if I don’t have those overzealous butterflies tonight, nothing will keep me from welcoming my soldier home with a hug, a kiss, a few tears and a huge smile :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment